2.24.2012

Quick Catch Up

Life, obviously, has been insane. Otherwise I would have been updating this little sucker! :)

So to catch the peanut gallery up on what has happened in the last few months of life, I'm going to do what I've done before and just go through life in pictures as a catch up.

Ready... set... go!

We spent our anniversary weekend in Chicago with Caity and Will. Oh my, it was so wonderful in so many ways! I'm so glad we got to spend that special time with such an amazing couple.

We took this on our anniversary at a coffee shop in Chicago. I'm not sure what went wrong for everyone who said the first year of marriage stinks - it was the most fun we've ever had. I can't wait for many more!

Sweet Caity and Will. We are so blessed by their friendship and guidance. (They had just celebrated their fourth anniversary before we went!)


The Windy City.

I started taking calligraphy lessons, FINALLY. It is my new favorite hobby - I'm obsessed!

Lemon Tree is BOOMING. Which is so wonderful and such a gift from God, but man I'm having a really hard time keeping up. Every second of my free time is devoted to Lemon Tree.. and if it's not, I guarantee you I'll get behind.

Spent a girls weekend in Atlanta with Danielle, Ashley, and Summer. It was like old times! Oh my gosh I love those girls to pieces. I hadn't seen Ash since her wedding, so it was so good to hang out and catch up over Ikea dishes and H&M.

I mentioned awhile back that I'm going back to India this summer! Finally!! So in an effort to raise money, I'm selling personalized stationery. Hop on over to Etsy and buy some for $12. It's a great cause, and I could definitely use the funds! :)

Can you tell I'm excited?

Here's a better picture of the stationery I'm selling - four Indian-inspired designs to choose from! :) (Oh yeah, and I CAN'T WAIT FOR KEELA TO BE A SMITH! That wedding can't come soon enough!)

Speaking of Keela, we also went to Boston with Keela and Andrew in the first weekend of February. It. Was. So. Much. FUN. I haven't laughed that much in too long.

On the Green Monstah.

Boston is my favorite city, even though I've only been three times. This time, I finally took the Fenway tour and oh my goodness. Give me the red seat - I'm converted!

Yes. I did say I went on three separate trips in one month. Therefore, as expected, sickness has in sued. Of late I'm a huge tea drinker. Nursing myself back to health doesn't go as well with coffee.

Mmm more calligraphy. It is so therapeutic. I recommend it to even the least of creative/artistic people. It relaxes me more than most anything can.

Valentine's was a blur, but a sweet one. I think I get more excited about it being one month after our anniversary than it being Valentine's Day. Haha.

But I did get the BEST valentine ever from my husb.

And as a treat to myself, it just so happened that I got the last job payment I needed to go buy my new printer on Valentine's! An Epson Stylus Photo R2000. My heart skipped a beat when we purchased it.

Yes, Gracie is still just as much the center of our lives as she has been since day one. Except now she's 55 lbs instead of 15 lbs and crazier than ever. We love her. :)

Last day of calligraphy. :( But not to worry - my next class starts in a couple of weeks! Hooray!

Lastly, I have spent a large portion of the free time I should have been using for Lemon Tree to organize our lives in 2012. Our first year of marriage was wonderful, but this year I want us to be really smart financially, so I've invested a lot of time and energy (and design hah!) into getting us organized. If anyone needs templates for six different types of budgets and calendars, I'm your girl.

That about sums it up. Life is great, God is better, and we're just doing our very best to enjoy every moment and focus on what matters in the present. I miss blogging, and hopefully I can get back to being more regular, but for now... this will just have to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment