7.06.2011

Whoopsies

Wow. It has been WAY too long since I've written! Life has just been going full speed ahead and when I have 6,548 other things to do that people are counting on me for it's hard to prioritize my blog... even though I love it so much!

Lemon Tree Paper Co. is gaining momentum, which is exciting, but it's almost getting hard to keep up! I literally (pronounced "litch-ruh-lee" in reference to Parks and Recreation) get home at 5pm from Lipscomb, change into sweat pants, park it on our sectional, and work until about 9pm on Lemon Tree stuff. At least that's how it's been for the past couple weeks. But I can't complain - I absolutely love it and there is nothing quite as rewarding as hearing a bride say "Oh my gosh - it's perfect! I love it!" to my design for them.

I actually just completed my first *official* job yesterday. I have been working on several jobs that are just as official, but none of those jobs have been printed and delivered yet. And everyone's invitations I've designed previously, I haven't done the printing for. So after I delivered the Save the Dates I designed and printed to a friend, I felt pretty darn excited about my new little stationery business. :)

However, because Lemon Tree is growing so fast, Found&Found is getting the shaft. Which stinks, because I love it just as much and people are following more and more, but when LT is making me a little money it's just hard to prioritize F&F above it. And, there again, we find why I have not updated this blog in weeks.

I'm not sure how this is all going to work when grad school starts this August.. Oh yeah, by the way, I got accepted! And I've registered for classes! And I cannot wait to start - and I talked a little to Caity Shinnick (you should really read her blog, she's wonderful!) about helping out with the kids at church so I can get more experience. We shall see!

I also have dog fever big time... even though Logan and I don't think that the lovely Mrs. Draper would be fond of the idea. But, as always, I just ignore that fact and keep looking at all of those droolably precious labradoodles... like this one.



His name is Peanut, and I want him. I want all of them. I am determined to get a labradoodle in the next year, so more to come on that hopefully soon.

Sorry this is so scattered and random... It's been so long there's so much to share! Maybe I'll update again later with the story of our NEIGHBOR being ARRESTED for DRUGS... Yeah.. Or the U2 360 concert that blew me and Logan's minds... or maybe about the grand opening of Antique Archeology in Nashville... or how my sister-in-law is DUE in 16 days!!!

So much to talk about! But for now, I've got invitations and work to tend to.

Happy Wednesday!
-Jilly

No comments:

Post a Comment