11.04.2011

Verity Elizabeth Thompson


So here's where I get to brag on my perfect little niece. She's growing up so fast, and unfortunately came at a time when my blog was on the downward slope. But here she is, in all of her beauty, at just over three months old.

It's funny, because inevitably when I see a baby I feel the need to force their likeness upon one of their parents... "Oh my gosh he looks JUST LIKE YOU!"... when that isn't necessarily true in every situation.

However, in this case, it's amazing how Verity looks like her parents depending on what she's doing. In all the photos of her with her tongue sticking out, especially the third down from the top on the right, she looks EXACTLY like my brother. But in other places, like the big square on on the bottom row, she favors Sarah to a tee.

Regardless of who she looks like, having her around has completely changed my family and my value of family. Suddenly every holiday means a little more, every visit is a little more treasured, and every month is a major milestone.

Someday Logan and I will have some kiddos of our own running around, but until then I'm pretty positive that being an aunt is the best feeling in the world.

What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment