6.02.2011

Memorial Day Weekend


Oh boy, oh boy. I've been dying to post about this past weekend because it was just the epitome of relaxation, productivity, summer fun, and lots of love. We started Friday with me getting off work early in honor of the holiday, which was a great way to ring in the weekend - not to mention I finished my Online Media Plan at work (a month and a half and thirty-six pages later) so I was super excited to relax and enjoy myself for a bit.

When we moved into our apartment there was a grill already on the patio - so we had planned to break it out for the first time on Memorial Day. Upon further inspection, however, it was a little extra grimy so we decided to toss it and buy our own! :) Let me tell you - $35 at Walmart can still get you a great little charcoal grill!

We spent the early part of Saturday helping my brother and sister-in-law paint a part of their bedroom in preparation for their new baby girl on the way (only 50 days now until her due date - yes I have a countdown in my office!!)... That was a blast just to help them out and visit with them in Tullahoma. We ended up running some errands the rest of the day, and just enjoying spending time together.

Sunday was AMAZING. On so many levels. Our church meets in a bar in downtown Nashville and for the past couple of years (as long as we've been there), Dave (our minister) has been asking the guys who own the venue if they need us to help them in any way. They always say no... but finally they gave us a list of ways we could serve them! So the whole church took shifts all day to clean up the Cannery and it was so amazing to be a part of something so huge. Logan and I pitched in at 8am to help scrub the nasty bathrooms. Since there are concerts and weddings there every other day of the week, it was pretty gross. But it was wonderful to be able to serve in that way. Other teams did stuff like paint, install trim, and clean the rest of the day and at 5pm we had one huge service instead of our normal four. It was cool to be there with everyone, and after a day of service in grime and soot, the worship that night was out of this world. Not to mention, one of my greatest college friends Brooke FINALLY moved back to Nashville and hung out with me on Sunday afternoon. I'm so happy she's back from the Aveda Institute.. she brings life to Nashville that no one else can. So that was another huge excitement of Sunday.

*Update* Oh my goodness and how could I forget after a loooong day of serving, we left worship to go to my sweet in-laws and Melly made us the most delicious home cooked meal, complete with baked potato and corn on the cob. It seriously was the best end to such an exhausting day, and the boys are getting older everyday so it's always a treat to get to spend time with them. It really was pretty much the most perfect Sunday ever. :)

Monday we spontaneously got invited to the pool at a friend's house who another friend was housesitting at. I forgot how good for the soul swimming and relaxing for a whole day is. I also, unfortunately, had forgotten how often to reapply sunblock because I now have a massively roasted shoulder. But it was worth it. We got to spend time with several of our good married friends - which we don't get to do often enough. Love love love. Oh, and the babies! We got to spend time with them too - which was also a huge perk of that day. :)

Of course I had to tweet an Instagram of the pool day. :)

Monday night we had Keela and Andrew over to bust out the new grill and it was a smashing success. I just love them, and their dating relationship has looked so much like Logan's and mine did that it was good to hash that all out with them and really understand where they were coming from. I can't wait for them to someday get married. (I hope you're blushing, Keela, if you're reading this!!)

And of course Logan had to tweet an Instagram of his awesome grilling skills. :)

We are so blessed to have immensely supportive and incredible friends - I thank God daily for the outstanding influences he has placed around me. Getting to see so many of this weekend was food for my soul, and really put me in a great place to start the (four-day!) work week.

Oh - and on the side projects front (haha, I have so many I can say that..) - I'm getting my website up and running for my invitation business! Logan designed me a killer logo (as always), so we're working on getting invitation photography done and nailing down my website design. I chose the name Lemon Tree because my mom's initials are LMT and my dad said she should call herself Lemon Tree on her iPhone games. I stole it the minute I heard it... Hahah. Soo if you know anyone who needs invitations, birth announcements, etc... lemontreepaperco.com is where it's at! :)

Pretty great, huh? Perks of having an awesome talented designer husband who's really doing things and going places. Yup. I said it.

Okay. That is all. I hope I wasn't too boring - sorry no crafts this time! Much love from this Nashville wife!
-Jilly

1 comment: